Fatal Shooting in Sedgwick County: Larry Armour Killed in Deputy-Involved Incident

BREAKING: Fatal shooting in Sedgwick County Under Investigation

The Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI) is currently looking into a tragic incident that unfolded in Sedgwick County, resulting in a fatal deputy-involved shooting. The individual who lost his life has been identified as 43-year-old Larry Armour from Wichita, according to the agency.

The incident began around 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday night when officers from the Wichita Police Department (WPD) initiated a vehicle pursuit near East Bayley and Schweiter Drive. The suspect was driving a stolen vehicle that had been reported earlier in the night.

The driver of the stolen vehicle was later identified as Armour. The pursuit came to a halt near the intersection of East Harry St. and Green St., at which point Armour fled on foot.

Preliminary reports suggest that Armour entered a residence in the 2400 block of East Harry through the back entrance, armed with a knife. The resident, who was unknown to Armour, was inside the home at the time.

In response to the situation, a tactical team consisting of WPD officers, Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office deputies, and crisis negotiators swiftly arrived at the scene. Negotiations were attempted with Armour. However, shortly after 3 a.m., a deputy from the SCSO witnessed Armour threatening the resident with a large knife, loudly declaring his intention to kill him. In order to protect the innocent resident, the deputy fired a single shot, fatally striking Armour and bringing the hostage incident to an end.

Medical assistance was provided to Armour, and he was transported to a local hospital in Wichita. Despite the efforts to save his life, Armour succumbed to his injuries. Thankfully, the resident was unharmed during the incident and was taken to a nearby hospital for evaluation as a precautionary measure. None of the law enforcement personnel involved were injured during the shooting.

According to records from the Kansas Department of Corrections, Armour had a prior felony conviction for drugs and had been on parole since 2018. On January 12, he was arrested by the Wichita police on charges of aggravated robbery and attempting to flee or elude law enforcement.

The KBI continues to investigate the details surrounding this tragic incident. As more information becomes available, we will provide updates on the investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!