Imtiyaz Ahmad : “PDD Inspector Electrocuted in Srinagar: Tragic Incident in Parimpora”

Srinagar, Feb 14: A tragic incident occurred in the Parimpora area of Srinagar today, as an employee of the Power Development Department (PDD) lost his life due to an electric shock while carrying out repair work. The PDD inspector, identified as Imtiyaz Ahmad from Chattabal, was electrocuted during the course of his duties.

Upon receiving news of the incident, Imtiyaz Ahmad was immediately rushed to the SMHS hospital. However, despite the best efforts of the medical staff, he was pronounced dead. The loss of a dedicated and hardworking employee has left the community in shock and mourning.

Authorities have taken cognizance of the incident and have initiated a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the tragic event. It is crucial to determine why the transmission line was not disconnected prior to the repair work, as demanded by concerned locals in the area. These individuals are rightfully seeking answers and are calling for a comprehensive probe into the incident.

Parimpora, where the incident took place, is a bustling area in Srinagar. Located in the northern part of the city, it is known for its commercial activities and residential neighborhoods. The area witnesses a high volume of traffic and is home to various businesses. The incident has sent shockwaves through the community, raising concerns about the safety protocols in place for PDD employees and the overall maintenance of electricity infrastructure.

This unfortunate incident serves as a reminder of the risks faced by workers in the field of electricity maintenance. It underscores the need for strict adherence to safety procedures and protocols to prevent such accidents from occurring in the future. The loss of a valuable member of the PDD team has left a void that will be felt by his colleagues and loved ones.

Our thoughts and condolences go out to the family and friends of Imtiyaz Ahmad during this difficult time. May they find strength and solace in the memories they shared with him. It is our hope that this tragic incident will lead to a comprehensive review of safety measures and implementation of stricter protocols to ensure the well-being of all electrical workers in the region.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!