Fazil Khan : “Fatal Harlem Fire Blamed on Lithium-ion Battery”

In a tragic incident that shook the Harlem community, a deadly fire broke out at a residential building on St. Nicholas Place, claiming the life of one person and injuring 17 others. The New York City Fire Department (FDNY) revealed that the fire was caused by a lithium-ion battery, highlighting the dangers associated with these devices.

Dramatic scenes unfolded as residents were forced to make daring escapes from the burning building. Many were seen jumping from windows or using fire escapes to flee the flames. One resident, Akil Jones, recounted the harrowing experience of waking up to the fire alarm and quickly realizing the severity of the situation. With his 85-year-old father, Emmett, by his side, they made their way to safety through the fire escape.

Despite the heroic efforts of firefighters who rescued 18 people from the building, the blaze claimed the life of 27-year-old Fazil Khan. Four other victims remain in critical condition as the community comes to terms with the aftermath of the tragedy.

In the wake of the fire, a full vacate order has been issued for the building by the Department of Buildings. The Red Cross is providing temporary housing for displaced residents, while authorities continue to investigate the cause of the fire and assess the extent of the damage.

The incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of fire safety measures, with FDNY officials urging residents to keep doors closed during fires to prevent the spread of flames. As the community mourns the loss of life and grapples with the impact of the fire, efforts are underway to support those affected and ensure their wellbeing in the days ahead.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!