Man Charged with Murder of Coworker at Storage Facility in Salt Lake City

Man Charged with Murder After Allegedly Killing Coworker at Utah Storage Facility

In a shocking incident that took place on December 29, a man has been charged with murder for allegedly killing his coworker at a storage facility in Salt Lake City, Utah. The suspect, Nathan David Evans, reportedly told another person in his vehicle that he was planning to go to the warehouse to kill someone because they had “messed with his stuff.”

The incident unfolded when a driver overheard Evans making this disturbing statement. Later that evening, another coworker left the workplace, leaving Evans and the eventual victim, David Hinkebein, alone at the storage facility.

On January 1, 2024, when the same coworker returned to work, he noticed that Hinkebein was missing. Upon further investigation, he discovered bloody handprints on the wall and a blood-stained carpet near a back office. When confronted, Evans refused to discuss the mess, raising suspicions.

The next day, when the coworker noticed that the mess had still not been cleaned up, he confronted Evans again. In response, Evans simply stated that Hinkebein was “done,” leading the coworker to report his concerns to the authorities.

Police conducted a welfare check at the warehouse on January 3 and made a gruesome discovery. They found a large amount of blood as well as Hinkebein’s lifeless body. A hammer, with blood and hair matching Evans’ appearance, was found next to a minifridge. In addition, a garbage bag containing blood-soaked clothes that Evans typically wore was also discovered.

As a result, Evans was charged with first-degree felony murder and third-degree felony abuse or desecration of a human body on Thursday. The Salt Lake County District Attorney, Sim Gill, emphasized that workplace violence is intolerable and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. He expressed condolences to those who knew Hinkebein through his work with the homeless community in Salt Lake County.

The investigation into Hinkebein’s death is currently ongoing, and Evans’ trial date has yet to be set.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!