27-year-old man arrested for stabbing wife in Kipsolu, Kericho County

A man has been apprehended by the police after allegedly stabbing his wife during a heated argument at her parents’ residence in Kipsolu, Kericho County. The incident occurred on January 26, Friday, and has left the community in shock.

The 27-year-old suspect had traveled from Borborwet to his wife’s home in an attempt to resolve their domestic issues. The victim, identified as Lonah Chepkemoi, had previously left their shared residence following a disagreement. This prompted the suspect to follow her to her parents’ house in hopes of finding a resolution.

Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worse and a quarrel broke out between the couple. In a fit of rage, the man grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed Chepkemoi on the left side of her neck. Frightened by the violence unfolding before them, the other family members present quickly fled the scene to ensure their own safety.

Chepkemoi was rushed to the Kericho County Referral Hospital, but tragically, she was pronounced dead upon arrival. The police were immediately informed and arrived at the scene to find the suspect already arrested by the local chief and concerned residents.

During their investigation, the authorities discovered a blood-stained kitchen knife that is believed to be the murder weapon. To disperse the angry crowd that had gathered, the officers fired two warning shots into the air, restoring calm to the area. The victim’s body was subsequently taken to a nearby mortuary, where a thorough autopsy will be conducted to determine the exact cause of death.

In a separate incident, the police in Kiambu County are currently investigating the alleged suicide of a 24-year-old detainee at the Mai-A-Ihii Police Station in Kikuyu. The young man’s family claims that he had been arrested and detained at the station on Friday night. However, when his mother arrived the next day to check on him, she was informed of his tragic demise.

Kikuyu Police Commander Ronald Kirui assured the public that a thorough investigation is underway, and statements from the officers on duty that night have been taken. The deceased’s body has been transferred to a nearby mortuary, where a post-mortem examination will be conducted to determine the cause of death.

The locals, deeply disturbed by this incident, have voiced their outrage and are demanding swift action against those responsible. The authorities have urged patience as they conclude their investigations and bring justice to the victims and their families.

This tragic incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of addressing and resolving domestic disputes in a peaceful manner, as the consequences can be devastating.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!